Word Claims someone else is editing my document RRS feed

• Question

• I have a document stored on a network.  I move it to my hard drive to work on because of how slow the network is.  When I go to save the document one of two things happens:

1) I get told that someone else is editing the document, except there isn't anyone else editing the document.

2) I get a message saying that I have read only access, but nothing turns if off.

In both situations I have to resave the file with a different name.  Which isn't working, I now have multiple versions of documents in multiple folders when all I want to do is edit the document on my hard drive and then move it back into the network folder.  

What do I do?

Word: 2010

Windows: 7, 64-bit

Cate

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The following steps you can try:

1. Convert the document to a .docx file and check the result。

2. If the document has been marked as final, please cancel it through File > Info > Protect document.

3. Is the document’s Store random numbers to improve Combine accuracy box checked? (Click the File tab > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Privacy Option. In the Document-specific settings section, check the Store random numbers to improve Combine accuracy check box.)

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Monday, October 27, 2014 8:42 AM

All replies