Looking for a keyboard shortcut to change active window RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut for maximizing the next program in your taskbar. Alt+Tab doesn't quite work as tapping that will only end up having me switch between two windows, when I'm looking to be able to go through them all.

Thank you.

Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:59 PM

Answers

• I eventually found that Alt+Esc will cycle through all the programs on your taskbar in the order they were last clicked on.

Thank you all for your help!

• Marked as answer by Faux Nirvana Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:07 PM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can keep pressing “Tab” while do not loose “Alt “.

Try it.

Magon Liu - MSFT
    Monday, May 31, 2010 8:11 AM
  • Hey Magon,

What I'm wanting to do is find a keyboard shortcut that brings focus to the next item in my taskbar, so that I can bind it to a programmable key on my keyboard and use is as a macro to rapidly change through items on my taskbar.

Cheers,

Monday, May 31, 2010 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

Ctrl+Alt+Tab: Use the arrow keys to switch between open items

Will this shortcut make it a little bit easier? 

For more information, type "Windows keyboard shortcuts overview" in the search box of Windows Help and support window.

Regards,

Magon Liu - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:38 AM
  • Hey Magon,

What I'm wanting to do is find a keyboard shortcut that brings focus to the next item in my taskbar, so that I can bind it to a programmable key on my keyboard and use is as a macro to rapidly change through items on my taskbar.

Cheers,

Hi, Faux Nirvana:

Another keyboard shortcut is Windows key + 1 (to bring focus/open the first item in taskbar), Windows key + 2, etc.

Microsoft MVP Windows Desktop Experience
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:02 PM
    Answerer
  • I eventually found that Alt+Esc will cycle through all the programs on your taskbar in the order they were last clicked on.

Thank you all for your help!

• Marked as answer by Faux Nirvana Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:07 PM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:07 PM