Shared Calendar setup? RRS feed

• Question

• I have inherited an Exchange 2013 environment, and I have never administered Exchange and my only real experience was with 2003, so I'm a little lost.

My specific and current need is to setup a Shared Calendar in the following manner: It is a vacation tracking calendar for an entire department of the company. 2 Administrative Assistants should be the only 2 to be able to edit, with many, many users able to add the Calendar to their Outlook clients for Viewing Only. 

I had the thought that a Public Folder was the way to go - but this client does not allow their use, for whatever reason.

I don't want it to sound like I'm asking to be spoon-fed, but trying to detail all the steps I've already taken and iterations tried just makes a mess. Where I stand now is I have "Attendance Calendar" built as a Shared Mailbox, with myself added with Full Access for testing. The mailbox shows up in my Outlook as expected and I can use the Calendar of this mailbox as expected - and how I'll want those 2 AAs to be able to do. Where I'm stuck is that I can't seem to find how to actually "Share" this calendar out so other users can view it (and view only). The only settings in the Shared Mailbox in EMC are the Full Access and Send As, neither of which is what I want.

What am I missing - or am I fundamentally setting this up wrong and there's a better way?

Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:13 PM

All replies

• In Outlook 2016 (it may be different for your version), open the calendar, click the Folder tab, click Calendar Permissions and grant rights to the two AAs.  By the way, this is the same way you'd do it in Exchange 2003.  In older versions of Outlook, right-click the Calendar folder and then click Properties.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, February 9, 2018 4:10 AM
  • It sounds like you have the Shared Mailbox populating in Outlook through Automapping.

If you want the AA's to have the exact same experience you have, simply give them Full-Access on the mailbox.

To "Share" the Calendar out, ensure you have both Send-As and Full-Access Permissions.

As Ed Crowley stated earlier, simply share the calendar from Outlook.

Share Calendar from Outlook Reference:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-an-outlook-calendar-with-other-people-353ed2c1-3ec5-449d-8c73-6931a0adab88

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:29 PM