Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications - How to define exceptions RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure this is a Win 10 problem however it appears to be because I had to replace Windows Media Center with Hauppauge WinTV 8 to access my off-the-air TV channels using my Hauppauge TV receiver card. There are two startup links and each bring up a window be manually authorized before boot up can complete. I can make that go away by changing Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications from Prompt to Enable (not secure). Then there is a warning message on start up but it doesn't require any manual action. That doesn't seem like a very good solution to the problem. Is there a way to set an exception for those links?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave521r,

Do you mean we will get a notification when we open the two links, right?

Instead of modifying the configurations for all the websites, we could try to add them to the "Trusted sites" and modify the configurations for the "Trusted sites". It should be more security.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 7:04 AM