Using Microsoft Transporter Suite with Exchange 2003 to import gmail mailboxes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm following this guide:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2007/migration-deployment/imap-exchange-server-2007-microsoft-transport-suite-part1.html

I am trying to import the mail stored on a now defunct domain, hosted on gmail, in to some users I created on exchange with csvde, that file looks like this (just with a lot more users) and imports the users without any errors, I then had to enable the users:

objectClass sAMAccountName DN mailnickname mail homeMDB mDBUseDefaults msExchHomeServerName
    user DL-AAdmin CN=DL-Admin Admin,OU=Archived Accounts,OU=Old Domain,DC=newdomain,dc=com DL-Admin.Admin DL-Admin.Admin@newdomain.com CN=Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE-1),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=EXCHANGE-1,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=newdomain,DC=com TRUE /o=newdomain,cn=exchange-1

The guide says the software should install on 2003, which it does and it allows me to import the user list I have created in a csv with the account details from gmail, that file looks like this:

SourceIdentity SourceServer SourceLoginID SourcePassword TargetIdentity
    admin@olddomain.com mail.google.com admin password DL-Admin.Admin@newdomain.com

However, when I right click on any user in the Transporter Suite snap in, it throws an exception:

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemManager.WinForms.ExchangeServerPicker' threw an exception.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemManager.WinForms.ExchangeServerPicker..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemManager.WinForms.ClientAccessServerPicker..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Transporter.MMC.InternetMailMailboxTypeWizardPage..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Transporter.MMC.InternetMailWizardForm..ctor(DataListView listControl)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Transporter.MMC.InternetAllMailboxesResultPaneControl.MigrateMailboxesCommand_Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemManager.Commands.Command.OnExecute(EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemManager.Commands.Command.Invoke(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemManager.WinForms.DataListView.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This error is taken from the same software installed on my Windows 7 laptop. The article mentions 2007 permissions which are required, but since I'm using 2003 I'm not sure that information is valid.

The only article I can find discussing this is here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/be02cbed-7454-4e1b-b218-adf3e8c7bca0/errores-al-ahora-de-importar-bandeja-de-correo-de-servidor-oloinux-con-postfix-a-exchange-2003?forum=cualforoes

It's in Spanish so I ran it through a translator and the answer seems to imply there are permission issues, but not exactly what needs setting. Can anyone advise whether it is possible to go through the Transporter suite process to import IMAP accounts on Server/Exchange 2003? As far as I can see running any of the commands in PS mentioned in the article fails saying the cmdlet is not recognised. Is there any way to get this process to work?

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand that failed import mail form .csv file to Exchange 2003 by Microsoft Transporter Suite.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

I find an similar thread about your question, please refer to:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e18aec5-d0c3-4f85-a679-3ade9a32cd5f/transporter-suite-imap-to-exchange-2007?forum=exchangesvrdeploylegacy

“I ran into the same issue and solved it by leaving the TargetIdentity field blank (crazy, since the error message says that something is missing). This means the new address will be the same as the old address, which was true for my case.”

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 5:52 AM