none
Performance Metrics Wizard - what are the key metrics? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using MAP to investigate server consolidation (physical to virtual) in our infrastructure.
    I'd like to use MAP to obtain utilisation data on all our servers and use that data to identify under-(or over for that matter)utilised servers which can potentially be virtualised.

I've run the performance metrics tool a few times and the data looks very useful, but I'd like to cut the completed data down so that I'm just looking at the key metrics which will help to identify the utilisation - ideally one metric from each sheet (i.e. CPU, Memory, Network etc).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Monday, July 13, 2009 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In MAP 4.0, we have added the key metrics to the UI.  If you are using 4.0, you can review information in Performance Results page. 

You can also get the information from the excel report, but it is not very straight forward in some cases.

Processor Utilization - % Processor Time column in Processor Utilization worksheet.
    Memory Utilization – Computed from Total Memory and Available Bytes in Memory Utilization worksheet.
    Network Utilization – Average computed using Bytes Total/Sec column in Network Utilization worksheet.
    Disk Utilization – Disk Transfers/sec, which is not available in the report.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further details.

-Kingsley
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:09 PM