App-V program launch RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble launching the default application from the application virtualization client. The programs refresh and icons appear on the desktop but after clicking the shortcut there is a gap of about 30 seconds where it says 0% then launch failed with the error message "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. error code 45242F4-19D07F2A-0000274D.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Andy
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you did install the App-V Management Server without Enhanced Security (listening on Port 554) then you should check the DefaultApp.osd file if it really tries to attempt a connection to RTSP...554 or if its trying to reach RTSPS...332. You may refer to the App-V Trial Guide and search there for the string "Change the HREF to the following".

If that still doesn't help, you may post the last lines of your App-V Client Log (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\sftlog.txt) here. 
    The Server log file is called sft-server.log and should be placed in the "Log(s)" folder of the App-V Management Server installation directory.

Falko
    • Marked as answer by AndyPies Friday, January 22, 2010 9:48 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would verify all the basic configuration;

Is the server reachable?
    Are the ports open?
    Is the service running?
    Is the server configured in the OSD / Datbase the correct one?
    Which server does the client think it connects to?

Most of the information can be retrieved from the client / server -log files.

/Znack
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:43 PM
  • as far as I can tell the server is reachable, it did get the application list for me. I'm struggling a little with finding the log files for all that info. Where abouts are they?
    There are no firewalls in place on either server or clients.
    The service wasn't initially running after install but they are all running now.
    I have just checked the OSD and it has the correct server in and it says it is running on port 322, it is stored on a share so everyone has access to it

thanks
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:57 PM
  • Check out the App-V Ping tool in the Immidio Resource Kit (http://www.immidio.com/resourcekit/). Running that from the client will make troubleshooting simpler.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:12 PM
  • Thanks for the link.

The ping tool says it is up and running and has no errors. I'm wondering if the App-V client or server has a login to the SQL server that isn't set up?
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:16 AM
  • Only the server requires access to the database. You should have an account configured in SQL Server for each Management Server (like DOMAIN\MACHINE$) that has db_read and db_write access to the APPVIRT database; however I', fairly certain that the service fails to start if the computer cannot log into or otherwise access the database.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

If you did install the App-V Management Server without Enhanced Security (listening on Port 554) then you should check the DefaultApp.osd file if it really tries to attempt a connection to RTSP...554 or if its trying to reach RTSPS...332. You may refer to the App-V Trial Guide and search there for the string "Change the HREF to the following".

If that still doesn't help, you may post the last lines of your App-V Client Log (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\sftlog.txt) here. 
    The Server log file is called sft-server.log and should be placed in the "Log(s)" folder of the App-V Management Server installation directory.

Falko
    • Marked as answer by AndyPies Friday, January 22, 2010 9:48 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

Falko

I changed the OSD file to say RTSP instead of RTSPS and 554 instead of 332 and t seems to work now. Odd how it defaults to the secure version. Thanks a lot.

Andy
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:48 AM
  • I've made changes to my OSD files as well to point to RTSP on port 554, but my client still can't connect to my applications.
    And I can't find any file named sftlog
    Friday, January 22, 2010 1:01 PM
  • Pierre-Jean,

may I kindly ask you to create a new thread?

Some of the checkmarks you should palce in there are:
    - What Deplyoment method are you using (SCCM; App-V Management Server)
    - What version (Client/Server) are you using
    - What is working, what does not work. Do you see any application shortcuts on the client or not. What have you done on the Server side...

stuff like that

Thank you

Falko

Falko
    Friday, January 22, 2010 3:11 PM
  • I have found this to be in the OSD file in the content folder on the server holding the content. For some reason the path it uses to look for the file has defaulted to the name of the .sft file instead of the actual folder location of the content. Be sure on the fourth line you see below underlined in BOLD, the folder name is in that location. You may have looked for this already, but just in case. Hope this helps. 

<CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:554/BluBerry.269/BlueberryFlashback_Bluberry.sft"
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:55 PM