Administrators setting up Alerts for users that they cannot delete RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - Any help would be great!

I am working on a system where there are multiple users and user groups, and we need to alert the users when the files change or new ones are added. I understand the alerts system, however I was wondering if there is a way for the Administrators to set the alerts up so the users cannot delete them, as it is crucial that the user is alerted every time.

Thanks!

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, July 4, 2011 9:46 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, July 4, 2011 9:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did you try creating a custom permission levels?
    You need to create a new group and unchecked "Create Alerts  -  Create e-mail alerts" option from permission level
    Site Settings > Advanced Permissions > Permission Levels
    Refer to the following post

--Cheers
    • Marked as answer by Kat1203 Monday, July 4, 2011 10:46 AM
    Monday, July 4, 2011 10:29 AM
  • Thanks!

Just so I'm clear - by doing this, it means they can't access the 'Create Alerts' tab or manage alerts, but we, as administrators, can set up alerts for the user - which they can't delete? For us it is a legal requirement that the user is informed and cannot delete the option to receive alerts.

Thanks,

Kat

Monday, July 4, 2011 10:35 AM
  • Yes, if the users are added to the group (that don't have 'Create Alerts' permission), and the group is added to a list or document library, users will not be able to Manage alerts in that specific list/document library and administrators will do it for them.
    --Cheers
    Monday, July 4, 2011 10:45 AM