System should ask in which browser to open the link RRS feed

• Question

• We are using multiple browser based application which support different browser means for sharepoint we use IE and for Clickup we use Chrome. Also we received alerts in outlook. but while we click on link it will open only in IE. so we searching like that when we click on link, it will ask which browser to use.

so some one guide to how to do this.

Rahi Padariya

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Rahi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> we observe while we use OS is windows 10 and Office 2010. it will give popup to select which browser to use.

This may be by design. For your reference: You are prompted to specify Internet Explorer when you click a link in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007.

>> also suggest which third party tool available for do that.

Sorry that I am afraid there is no official recommended tool for this, so I'm unable to suggest any tool.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by rahi padariya Friday, January 24, 2020 7:45 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2020 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Rahi,

Outlook will use your default brower when you click on a link in Outlook.

According to my research, I'm afraid there is no built-in method to change this. You may try to find any other tools.(Third party tools may be unsafe and unreliable).

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:27 AM
  • Dear aiden

thanks for your response

we observe while we use OS is windows 10 and Office 2010. it will give popup to select which browser to use.

same we use win10 and office 2016, it will not give popup to select which browser to use. And same in win7 and office 2010 it will not give popup window to select browser. is there any idea to why not happening ?

also suggest which third party tool available for do that.

Rahi Padariya

Friday, January 24, 2020 7:19 AM
  • Hi Rahi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> we observe while we use OS is windows 10 and Office 2010. it will give popup to select which browser to use.

This may be by design. For your reference: You are prompted to specify Internet Explorer when you click a link in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007.

>> also suggest which third party tool available for do that.

Sorry that I am afraid there is no official recommended tool for this, so I'm unable to suggest any tool.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

• Marked as answer by rahi padariya Friday, January 24, 2020 7:45 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2020 7:35 AM