Windows 8 Crashes during gaming.... RRS feed

• Question

• When Playing games on Windows 8 computer. crashes and restarts with black desktop screen then slowly returns to normal, During crash sound is effected by a Loud buzz.... tried running virus scans checked for Malware checked device manager drivers are up to date.......?

esoto53

• Changed type Esoto53 Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:44 AM Help
    • Changed type Karen Hu Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:18 AM it's an issue
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Which game did you play when encountered this issue?

Some older programs might run poorly or not at all in the new operating system. If an older program doesn't run correctly, use the Program Compatibility troubleshooter to simulate the behavior of earlier versions of Windows:

Type "troubleshooting" in the search box, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Programs, click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

If it doesn't exist the compatibility problem, please use Clean Boot to troubleshoot if it is caused by third-party software conflict:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:09 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:32 AM

All replies

• There is a lot of possible reason for crashing computer, namely software and hardware ones.

Analyze minidump file with WinDbg (or at least view it with Nirsoft BSOD viewer). Check HDD with diagnostic tool from disk vendor and chech RAM with memtest or similar program.

If you feel like these are unknown to you place the question in answers.microsoft.com forum.

Regards

Milos

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

Which game did you play when encountered this issue?

Some older programs might run poorly or not at all in the new operating system. If an older program doesn't run correctly, use the Program Compatibility troubleshooter to simulate the behavior of earlier versions of Windows:

Type "troubleshooting" in the search box, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Programs, click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

If it doesn't exist the compatibility problem, please use Clean Boot to troubleshoot if it is caused by third-party software conflict:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:09 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:32 AM
  • I am using win 8. I tried clean boot but it didnot work. Win crashes with as BSoD displaying message Critical_Process_Died. I tried to play Legion Arena which worked well in previous version of windows

Compatibility setting didnot work

My laptop dell inspiron 15

Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:11 AM
  • The conflict was due to the anti virus... Game worked properly when i excluded the whole game folder(including sub folders) from automatic scanning. Hope this works for all
    Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:10 AM