Internet connection and Downloading problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am to surf the web thru internet explorer, however, if I try to sign in to windows live messenger (not directly on the net), update my virus database on AVG or download from the net it fails and a message reads 'unable to make internet conenction'. Could you please help me. Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is not the correct forum for your question. However, the symptoms you mention might be caused either by a firewall or some incorrect LAN settings. Please check the settings in Internet Explorer under Tools > Internet Options > Connections. If you don't understand these settings or they appear correct, one of the first things to try is rebooting your computer. If you have a cable modem or other device that you use to access the Internet it can also help to reset this device. It's very hard to know what your problem is from the information you've provided. For example, were you previously able to sign in to messenger and only recently had a problem? If so, then you should review any changes you've made to the system, such as new software you've installed.

I hope this helps,
    -Greg
    Friday, October 24, 2008 5:45 AM