Cannot access Service Manager Web Portal - HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new in SCSM, and when I tried to access the System Center Service Manager Portal http://localhost:8080/

I got an error 

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

I have no idea how to fix this. Different user whose installed the SCSM.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, July 3, 2017 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yesterday, we tried to install the Service Manager Web Portal in other server and it resolve my issue. but no content showing.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/WINDOWS/en-US/5965165a-d717-4cb2-9b7b-702d0852c20f/cannot-load-self-service-portal?forum=portals

Thank you for all your response.

• Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:06 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi

I do not know the specific reason that you are getting this error. The following are suggestions for troubleshooting the problem and finding out more information. There has been a previous post about this issue, but without a resolution: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4820cf60-d1b6-442c-991f-6fc63f7f1002/scsm-web-portal-error?forum=setup

I would start by going to IIS Manager and looking at the web site on the server. 

1. Confirm that the SCSM web portal is installed on the server and what the portal site is called.
    2. Confirm the bindings - what port it is using 80,8080, 443
    3. Confirm the security settings - looking for Windows Authentication, so single sign on works
    4. Confirm the folder permissions for the website on the server
    5. Confirm what the default document is on the website

There are a lot of things that could have gone wrong. Some more information about the following would be useful:

• What version of Service Manager are you running? And what Update Release?
    • Has the portal worked in the past or is the first time anyone has tried connecting to it
    • Have you tried from another server or desktop machine
    • Have you installed the Portal on other servers (it can be installed on multiple servers)

If you have multiple Service Manager Management servers, sometimes the easiest fix is to reinstall the Portal. The portal is a front end to for end users to log requests and each installation is independent of each other. 

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Monday, July 3, 2017 10:52 AM
  • Hi Mr. Glen,

Thank you for answering my question

1. Confirm that the SCSM web portal is installed on the server and what the portal site is called. - confirm
    2. Confirm the bindings - what port it is using 80,8080, 443 - 8080
    3. Confirm the security settings - looking for Windows Authentication, so single sign on works
    4. Confirm the folder permissions for the website on the server - Where can I view this?
    5. Confirm what the default document is on the website - In the folder the content only are:

ContentHost Folder

ServiceHost Folder

and web.xml

• What version of Service Manager are you running? And what Update Release?  2012 version r2
    • Has the portal worked in the past or is the first time anyone has tried connecting to it - from the start not working
    • Have you tried from another server or desktop machine - i tried to access remotely and on other desktop both same error
    • Have you installed the Portal on other servers (it can be installed on multiple servers) - I installed in one server both Service Manager and Web Portal

On the link that you give,  I already check on it and no i did not find answer

Thank you so much

Monday, July 3, 2017 11:14 AM
  • The value of web.xml is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
        <system.webServer>
            <directoryBrowse enabled="true" />
            <defaultDocument>
                <files>
                    <clear />
                    <add value="Default.asp" />
                    <add value="Default.htm" />
                    <add value="index.htm" />
                    <add value="index.html" />
                    <add value="iisstart.htm" />
                    <add value="default.aspx" />
                </files>
            </defaultDocument>
        </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

but I don't have those default document 

Monday, July 3, 2017 11:27 AM
  • How will I know Sir if the Web Portal is successfully installed? Because I'm not the one who installed.

Thank you.

Monday, July 3, 2017 11:55 AM
  • Hi

As it has never worked, my suggestion would be to reinstall the portal. This way you will know the steps taken and will know if it installed correctly.

Are you using the HTML 5 version of the Portal (ie CU 8) or silverlight version?

Use this link to verify what CU you are running: SCSM build numbers. If you look at your Management pack versions you will see the numbers from the link.

Assuming you are running the HTML 5 version (CU8) then under installed programs you should see it listed. You can uninstall and start again. Here is a guide to installing it  http://www.systemcenterautomation.com/2015/11/service-manager-portal.html 

If you are running the older Silverlight portal I would recommend updating to the new one, but first find out the reason that you have not updated.

Regards

Glen

Monday, July 3, 2017 9:11 PM
  • Hi,

Yesterday, we tried to install the Service Manager Web Portal in other server and it resolve my issue. but no content showing.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/WINDOWS/en-US/5965165a-d717-4cb2-9b7b-702d0852c20f/cannot-load-self-service-portal?forum=portals

Thank you for all your response.

• Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:06 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi Mr. Glen,

My SM Portal page is now display but the content is blank.

I don't know the reason why still blank even I tried the suggestions from other forums.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Hi

So the portal page will load, that is good, but there is no content. 

Some troubleshooting steps to try and things to check:

1. Are the request offerings in a published state? I would assume they are
    2. Do End Users have permissions? Can you see anything if you access as a SCSM admin account?
    3. Check the Service Offering, does it have the Request Offering listed?

Regards

Glen

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:36 PM