none
WDS server - Access denied - Solved by myself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have member server Windows 2008 R2 server with WDS role installed. DHCP and DNS server is on other server in same subnet.

AD controller are in different subnet in WAN.

If I click to server name > Properties > AD AS > and I browse to my OU and clik OK > It appear notice "Access Denied".

I already made an delegation of my WDS server to this AD OU.

But from the log looks like the approval still want to make an computer account in "OU: CN=Computers,DC=domain name,DC=COM"

but I want to make computer account in different location.

Could be the problem that event if I made the delagation my member server sync the my OU delegation from this controller in different subnet ?

If yes hot to sync via command line ?

If not what could be the problem ?

Thanks for help.

• Edited by Marek81 Monday, August 13, 2012 4:09 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 9:30 AM

Answers

•  The problem was that the account which I was logged on server doeasn't have full access to selected OU.

Monday, August 13, 2012 4:09 AM
  • Hi,

Please make sure that OUs' Delegation has been added properly according to the link below:

Title: Delegate Control of an Organizational Unit

URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732524.aspx

Then you need to make sure that you are the domain admin to do the WDS server setup. Cause WDS server has its own prerequisites (AD DS, DNS, DHCP). So you need to the Domain admin role to setup the WDS server.

Also you need to look into the Event Viewer to verify whether there are some related errors or warnings included or not.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:19 AM

All replies

•  The problem was that the account which I was logged on server doeasn't have full access to selected OU.

Monday, August 13, 2012 4:09 AM
  • Hi,

Please make sure that OUs' Delegation has been added properly according to the link below:

Title: Delegate Control of an Organizational Unit

URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732524.aspx

Then you need to make sure that you are the domain admin to do the WDS server setup. Cause WDS server has its own prerequisites (AD DS, DNS, DHCP). So you need to the Domain admin role to setup the WDS server.

Also you need to look into the Event Viewer to verify whether there are some related errors or warnings included or not.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:19 AM