The file or directory windows\Fonts\corbel.ttf is corrupted or unreadable. Error when logon on Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

When I login on my server, an error message pop up, "The file or directory windows\Fonts\corbel.ttf is corrupted or unreadable"

I have also checked event logs and getting these error message.

1.        Event ID : 38

The system has started rebuilding the user disk quota information on device  with label "\Device\HarddiskVolume1".

1.        Event ID : 40

The system has encountered an error rebuilding the user disk quota information on device  with label "\Device\HarddiskVolume1".

1.        Event ID : 55

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:.

I have also run chkdsk command on c drive but failed it is giving “unspecified error occurred (766f6c756d652e63 3f1)”

This is physical HP server with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and we are using it as a file server.

Please give any suggestion as we are facing this issue from last one week.

Thanks in Advance!!

Manoj Kumar

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• This one may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2502789

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

From the last error message, all these errors seem to be caused by system structure issue. As check disk cannot be performed, you could test if it could be finished in Safe Mode or WinPE mode.

It may also caused by a hardware issue so you may need to contact HP for checking the hard disk.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 10, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for your attention!

I have contacted to HP. they guys are saying to update BIOS firmware, ILO firmware and controller firmware.

But I think this is not a good practice. 

Regards,

Manoj

Friday, May 10, 2013 5:51 AM
  • This one may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2502789

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Hey, This is for AMD based processor..

and we are using Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU  E5620  @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:24 AM
  • We used to have a lot of HP proliant servers and yes, this is standard practice to keep firmware and PSP up-to-date.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:09 PM
  • Hi Dave,

So, updating the firmware and PSP will help me to fix the problem.

Regards,

Manoj

Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:21 AM
  • I'd say doubtful but none the less it is standard practice to keep them up to date. Did you also try chkdsk from Safe Mode boot and or recovery console?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4162.windows-server-2008-repair-steps-for-no-boot-issues.aspx

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:37 PM