InstallShield Freezing Windows at Odd Times RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I've been trying to put GTA IV on my machine.  Every time I run the installation for the game, setup goes through flawlessly, until it reaches the final step.  Everytime I hit the "next/finish" button after the files have been installed, Windows freezes.  I go to reboot the system to find that the game is on the hard drive, but unable to launch, causing the computer to freeze exactly like it did when the installer finished.  This happened for other games, as well.  The only successful games I've had installed are my Steam games lineup and GTA San Andreas.  This is quite annoying, I've yet to come up with a fix.  I even tried dragging all the content onto the hard drive and installing from there... still no go.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:05 PM

All replies

• :( Nobody?  Street Fighter IV happened to pull this off as well.  I thought it was going to be the first successful install, but alas, two seconds after I hit the "finished" button on the installer, we had another complete freeze.  I even left my computer on overnight to see if it would magically get out of this state, but I woke up 10 minutes ago to find it still frozen.  LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME :(
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:42 PM