none
Unable to install Workgroup agent manually RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a problem here. I am not able to install a Workgroup agent manually which gave me this error when i run SetdpmServer

"make sure that this computer is not part of a perimeter network. DPM does not support protection of computers on a perimeter network."

the error just stops there and nothing happens. It's weird because the protected computer has always been on the Workgroup and i was able to attach an agent manually to it and backup some files. The reason i re-install/attach the agent again is because error id 318 appears and there's nothing i can do about it.

Please help..

Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you checked for errors logged in C:\Windows\Temp\MSDPMAgentBootstrap0Curr.errlog.

Can the server you are trying to protect resolve the NetBIOS name of the DPM server?

Friday, January 7, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As per http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399479.aspx - It should be prompting for the password of the user account you specified, check the log file for any additional information.

setdpmserver logs in the C:\Windows\Temp\MSDPMAgentBootstrap0Curr.errlog

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 2:02 AM
  • Yes, i've tried those steps and the same error appears. The server was able to be protected before this but why not now?
    Friday, January 7, 2011 4:16 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked for errors logged in C:\Windows\Temp\MSDPMAgentBootstrap0Curr.errlog.

Can the server you are trying to protect resolve the NetBIOS name of the DPM server?

Friday, January 7, 2011 2:46 PM
  • can you please open the thread once you have got the data?

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:54 AM