There is a problem with eh XXXX Page and it cannot be loaded RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that a message like this can occur when cube or dimension data has changed underneat existing saved views.  That is the case for us, however, many of our users are not being given the missing data wizard.  We don't want to go in and manually edit all of the MDX within the PAS database as that's not time effective for the development team.  Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:48 PM

Answers

• There was an issue that is resolved with the latest version of the PAS hotfix where myviews created do not have an mdstores entry (cube metadata for the missing data wizard).  I will paste in below a section of a whitepaper that describes this issue in further detail..

hth,
    Sean

"There is a problem with the {report} page and it cannot be loaded. Please contact the author of this page to correct the problem, or choose another page."

"Description: This error will appear if the cube the myviews view points to has undergone a structural change and the view does not have recovery data associated with it.  The RTM version of PAS contained a defect where all MyViews created did not include recovery data in the MDStores table.  PAS hotfix 2212 addressed this issue and all MyViews created after the installation of the 2212+ hotfix will include recovery data to cope with changes in the cube.

Resolution: If a cube structural change has already taken place and the view cannot be accessed the two options are to undo the changes to the cube, or retrieve the MDX from the view, make the necessary structural changes, and re-create the view from scratch.  To retrieve the MDX for the view, expose the FAVORITES library, access the affected book via the professional client and save as type: XML Briefing Books (*.xml).  Access the .XML file with a text or XML editor and retrieve the MDX for the view after the <MDX> tag.

The proactive approach to avoiding this issue is to ensure MDStores data exists for every user’s MyViews views.  Not all users will have MyViews, and those that do may have created them after the application of the 2212+ PAS hotfix.  To generate MDStores data for an existing MyViews view that does not have corresponding MDStores data, open the view in ProClarity and select ‘Save this page to my views’ and overwrite the existing view.  The view will not change and recovery data will be added to the XMLData column of the book’s MDStores table row.

Use the following SQL script to identify which users have MyViews books without a corresponding row in the MDStores table:

SELECT *

FROM Books

WHERE LibraryID='{1F823801-C6F2-11d4-81F6-444553540001}'

AND

BookID NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT MDStores.BookID FROM MDStores)

After the books are found the book owners will need to re-add each view to their MyViews to generate recovery data for their views.  It is also possible for recovery data to be present for some of the views in the MyViews book but not all.  The recommended best practice is for users to either re-add each view created before the server patch date, and if the patch date is unknown then to re-add all the views to their MyViews."

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Bomberjester Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:26 AM

All replies

• Are your users all opening the views with the Pro client?  Are they trying to repair My Views perhaps, or a common briefing book?
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 11:21 PM
  • all users are using professional web client.  They are trying to open existing My Views.  I've looked at the MDX code within a few users views that are generating this error, and the offending dimension isn't even used.  Where it does appear is in the XML after the MDX.  Organization.Alliance doesn't exist any more.

<Dimension Name="[Organization]" MDID="21">
    <Hierarchy Name="[Organization].[Alliance]" MDID="22"/>
    <MemberSet>
    <Member>
    <Member Name="[Organization].[Alliance].DEFAULTMEMBER" MDID="23"/>
    </Member>
    </MemberSet>
    </Dimension>

Since the problem is happening on all my views (except those created after the dimension change of course)  I was trying to come up with a SQL statement to update all of the XMLData fields in bookelements to strip out this dimension reference.  We tried that for a single user as a test with success.  Unfortunately, since the vast majority of the dimension XML chunks have MDID="##" in it, I can't exactly search for every one very easily.  The XMLData column is a text field so replace() doesn't work and the equivalent procedure that would have worked requires an exact length of text to replace.  Something I don't know on a per-record basis.
    Monday, March 16, 2009 2:30 PM
  • Have you tried using the Missing Data options?  In Pro, under the Book menu, there are Missing Data options.  You can check for missing data, set the preferred behavior when data is missing, and specify the behavior based on data type (member, level, etc).  Does that yield any results?
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:06 PM
  • I have the same problem in my company. When we use Professional Client with Missing Data Wizard pption the problem is fixed, but with some users that only have Standard Client access, which could be the solution?

Thanks in advance.
    VSDOTNET2005
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:10 AM
  • unfortunately, the missing data wizard isn't available.  it's almost as if the proclarity system doesn't recognize the creator of the page any more.  We've basically told people to recreate their views at this point sine it's too technically complex to try and automate a fix and hand-editing a bunch of xml to fix the problem doesn't seem like a good use of developer time.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:39 PM
  • Thanks for your support.
    VSDOTNET2008
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:11 PM
  • There was an issue that is resolved with the latest version of the PAS hotfix where myviews created do not have an mdstores entry (cube metadata for the missing data wizard).  I will paste in below a section of a whitepaper that describes this issue in further detail..

hth,
    Sean

"There is a problem with the {report} page and it cannot be loaded. Please contact the author of this page to correct the problem, or choose another page."

"Description: This error will appear if the cube the myviews view points to has undergone a structural change and the view does not have recovery data associated with it.  The RTM version of PAS contained a defect where all MyViews created did not include recovery data in the MDStores table.  PAS hotfix 2212 addressed this issue and all MyViews created after the installation of the 2212+ hotfix will include recovery data to cope with changes in the cube.

Resolution: If a cube structural change has already taken place and the view cannot be accessed the two options are to undo the changes to the cube, or retrieve the MDX from the view, make the necessary structural changes, and re-create the view from scratch.  To retrieve the MDX for the view, expose the FAVORITES library, access the affected book via the professional client and save as type: XML Briefing Books (*.xml).  Access the .XML file with a text or XML editor and retrieve the MDX for the view after the <MDX> tag.

The proactive approach to avoiding this issue is to ensure MDStores data exists for every user’s MyViews views.  Not all users will have MyViews, and those that do may have created them after the application of the 2212+ PAS hotfix.  To generate MDStores data for an existing MyViews view that does not have corresponding MDStores data, open the view in ProClarity and select ‘Save this page to my views’ and overwrite the existing view.  The view will not change and recovery data will be added to the XMLData column of the book’s MDStores table row.

Use the following SQL script to identify which users have MyViews books without a corresponding row in the MDStores table:

SELECT *

FROM Books

WHERE LibraryID='{1F823801-C6F2-11d4-81F6-444553540001}'

AND

BookID NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT MDStores.BookID FROM MDStores)

After the books are found the book owners will need to re-add each view to their MyViews to generate recovery data for their views.  It is also possible for recovery data to be present for some of the views in the MyViews book but not all.  The recommended best practice is for users to either re-add each view created before the server patch date, and if the patch date is unknown then to re-add all the views to their MyViews."

• Marked as answer by Bomberjester Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:26 AM
  • Sean,
    Thank you so much! This is exactly the information I needed.  I had no idea that we were so far out of date!  I'm so glad that there's a logical explanation for the behavior of proclarity that we've been fighting for a while now.

Thanks again, you're a real life saver
    -- Brandon Kassebaum
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:57 PM