none
Exchange Adding new users

Question

• Hi When I add a new user to my Exchange 2007 server I get the following error when sending to this new user:

550 5.1.1 <blichtig@webermessick.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
    Last-attempt-Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 21:57:13 -0700

This happens when I send from a outside email account. Everyone else is working fine. It is only when we create a new email account on out Exchange Server. Any help would be much appreciated?

Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:19 AM

Answers

• You must be synchronizing your recipient list to them for recipient filtering, and it sounds like that's not happening fast enough for you.  This is not an Exchange issue.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:49 PM

All replies

• This is a message coming in from the Internet?  Do you have some kind of message hygiene server, appliance or cloud service, or some third-party SMTP relay between the Internet and your Exchange server?  I'm asking because this message doesn't look like it's coming from Exchange.

Here's some more evidence that you do.

C:\>nslookup
    Default Server:  me.com
    Address:  192.168.1.1

> server 8.8.8.8
    Default Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
    Address:  8.8.8.8

> set type=mx
    > webermessick.com
    Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
    Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
    webermessick.com        MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = webermessick-com.p10.spamhero.com
    webermessick.com        MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = webermessick-com.p20.spamhero.net
    webermessick.com        MX preference = 30, mail exchanger = webermessick-com.p30.spamhero.net
    webermessick.com        MX preference = 40, mail exchanger = webermessick-com.p40.spamhero.net
    >

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:26 AM
  • We have something called Spam Hero for our Spam Filter at the moment. The message does not get quarantined. It only happens when I create a new user on Exchange. Not sure what else to do at this point. Any help would be great?
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:44 AM
  • You must be synchronizing your recipient list to them for recipient filtering, and it sounds like that's not happening fast enough for you.  This is not an Exchange issue.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Hi,

I want to double confirm:
    1. Whether internal mail flow works or not?
    2. Whether other domain can send message to this problematic account?

Try to run Telnet to test SMTP communication, please post the results for further assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 15, 2016 7:12 AM