Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.UISDKException RRS feed

• Question

• I’m stumped, this package imports into all of the development environments and the discovery opens just fine. All of the environments are CU5.

The same package imports into the production environments fine but when the discovery for this MP is opened the error below pops up. It looks to me like there is some kind of versioning problem. Anyone seen anything like this or have an idea what I should be looking for?  

Note:  The following information was gathered when the operation was attempted.  The information may appear cryptic but provides context for the error.  The application will continue to run.

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.UISDKException: The page [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Templates.RegistryProbePageWithExpressionNotification] in the assembly [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.MPAuthoring, Culture="", PublicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35", Version="6.0.4900.0"] could not be loaded. Please make sure that the account you are running under has sufficient privileges to load the given assembly, or the Management Pack that defines this page is installed or the assembly containing the page is in the path of the executable or that the page derives from known Operations Manager page type. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.MPAuthoring, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.MPAuthoring, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.UIPageSet.CreatePage(String assemblyName, String typeName)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.UIPageSet.CreatePage(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.UIPageSet.GetPages()

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.ModulePagesManager.GetPages()

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.DiscoveryPagesManager.GetPages()

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageManagerBase.AttachToFramework(IPageFramework pageFramework, Boolean readOnly)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.AddDiscoveryPages(LaunchObjectDiscoveryUIData launchData, Form form)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.RunPrivate(Object[] userData)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.Run(Object[] userData)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.MPAuthoring, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.MPAuthoring, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:26 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Would you please let us know more details about the issue, such as when the issue occurred, which package you have imported, etc.?

At this time, I would like to suggest you re-importing the management pack referring to the management pack guide.

Meanwhile, please check the Event Log on the server; if there are any related errors, please let us know the details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 6, 2012 4:51 AM
  • I found the issue, but I am not sure what to do about it.

I have several environments to work with and this is what I found, all of my lab environments either don't have Microsoft.SystemCenter.MPAuthoringConsole.Library installed or had an earlier version. With my custom mp installed on these systems I was able to open the properties on the discovery in the ops console without any problem.

However my prod systems all have version 6.0.6246.0 of Microsoft.SystemCenter.MPAuthoringConsole.Library installed and on them I can't open the properties of the discovery without getting the error listed above.

what is this MP for and why is it blowing up a display of properties on a discovery?

• Edited by Dethgiver Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 5, 2012 3:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dethgiver Monday, March 5, 2012 4:45 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 6:00 PM