none
MS project roll up into one task RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm looking for an overall project task line. I remember enabling this feature in some previous versions of MS Project. Essentially, I'd like a summary task that is the whole project. This way I can see whole project durations, slack, slip etc in one row instead of needing to pull reports or information/statistics. 

Is this available? Or, am I mistaken? 

Thanks in advance,

Beth

Monday, July 29, 2013 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your answer. It got me close enough! I do have Project Pro 2013, but the checkbox you describe was not present in the options page. 

However, I did search "Show Project Summary task" and I found this link which  describes how you can display the project summary task via the gantt chart formatting. 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/show-the-project-summary-task-HA102809576.aspx<o:p></o:p>

Thanks,

Beth

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:21 PM

All replies

• Are you using Project Pro 2013?, if yes, navigate to backstage. Click on options and then display.

Select the check box "Show Project Summary Task" from the section display options for this project.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 29, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your answer. It got me close enough! I do have Project Pro 2013, but the checkbox you describe was not present in the options page. 

However, I did search "Show Project Summary task" and I found this link which  describes how you can display the project summary task via the gantt chart formatting. 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/show-the-project-summary-task-HA102809576.aspx<o:p></o:p>

Thanks,

Beth

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:21 PM