Very weird thing happen to my computer this morning RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, This was actually the first time this ever happen to my computer, I have a DELL INSPIRON 1750, And up-dated, Firewall, Antivirus up-dated and no virus or spyware I have spyware programs updated etc, I have windows 7 home premium updated, And Today when I put in my password on the log in screen to turn it on, it logged me into a temp profile, I just said hmmm IDK and then just restarted the computer and then it came back on, I noticed my icons where scattered and a few where missing like CC Cleaner, and Maleware Bytes, and Halo, and some other things, I just reinstalled them, And everything has been working better since then now, What was all that about? I'm connected wireless y to the internet in the house we have 6 laptops, no one else was on my computer before me, I only use it, And I never changed no profiles, or changed any hardware or installed anything new, it just did it outta of the blue, Why did this happen? I live with my sister that's why we have six laptops lol, I don't own them all of course, But It was just weird to me how it happen thanks.... Afterwords I scanned for virus and spyware there was none.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 6:34 PM

All replies

• had you just installed windows 7 SP1? This happened to me after restarting for the windows SP1 installation. I think it is a glitch with the update from Win 7 to SP1 of Win7. Just a thought thouhgh. It has not happened to me since. So i didnt really worry about it. 
    • Proposed as answer by JLHardin Friday, March 25, 2011 11:40 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by JLHardin Friday, March 25, 2011 11:40 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 11:39 PM
  • thanks well from thinking the other night I had to install updates and I just turned off my computer so that could have been one of them, one was on the 23rd of march Update for Windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB2524375) - Could this be the one and now something is updating for today. it is - is SSP1 for Windows 7 thing.
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I assume that this issue is caused by the some files are missing or corrupted in the profile so that this happened.

I suggest to check the disk and then try to log on again. If this is no avail, please copy all the useful files in the original profile to another directory => delete the profile => log in the Windows to create a fresh profile => copy the files which you saved back.

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:14 AM