How can I Downgrade Internet explorer to lover version? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I removed Internet Explorer 11 from "Windows Features" but when I want to install lower version of IE then system hanged and...

Any idea?

Sunday, October 2, 2016 12:16 PM

Answers

• Microsoft publishes free virtual machine images which allow you to launch a virtual computer running whichever version of IE you want:

********Visit This Site www (.) microsoft (.) com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=11575

Monday, October 3, 2016 11:51 AM

All replies

• You can't install old versions of Internet Explorer on modern versions of Windows.

Microsoft publishes free virtual machine images which allow you to launch a virtual computer running whichever version of IE you want: www (.) microsoft (.) com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=11575

It's a bit of a pain, but the only way to truely test how a site works on <=IE7 as the emulation in modern versions of IE is not 100% reliable.

Sunday, October 2, 2016 12:47 PM
  • You can't install old versions of Internet Explorer on modern versions of Windows.

Microsoft publishes free virtual machine images which allow you to launch a virtual computer running whichever version of IE you want: www (.) microsoft (.) com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=11575

It's a bit of a pain, but the only way to truely test how a site works on <=IE7 as the emulation in modern versions of IE is not 100% reliable.

I like to install IE 7 but it is not worked :(
    Sunday, October 2, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Hello Windows.Geek.

Windows 7 comes with Internet Explorer version 8: you cannot install a version that is not more recent than the one bundled with the operating system.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, October 2, 2016 3:45 PM
  • Hello Windows.Geek.

Windows 7 comes with Internet Explorer version 8: you cannot install a version that is not more recent than the one bundled with the operating system.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

OK, I installed IE 11 and removed it and wants to install IE 8 but it can't :(
    Monday, October 3, 2016 7:10 AM
  • Hello Windows.Geek.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Did you try to enable again Internet Explorer in Windows features?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Monday, October 3, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Hello Windows.Geek.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

I did and it is IE 11 :(
    Monday, October 3, 2016 10:01 AM
  • Hello Windows.Geek.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

I did and it is IE 11 :(

IE 11 is installed as an upgrade to IE 8 available in Windows 8: try removing any updates related to Internet Explorer by going to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features and clicking Installed Updates on the left; in the list of installed updates, look for Internet Explorer 11, click it and click Uninstall.
    Alternatively, you could perform uninstall operation using the command line: read here to know how to do that.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Monday, October 3, 2016 11:06 AM
  • Microsoft publishes free virtual machine images which allow you to launch a virtual computer running whichever version of IE you want:

********Visit This Site www (.) microsoft (.) com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=11575

Monday, October 3, 2016 11:51 AM
  • As Yesu mentioend, please try it.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:48 AM