Windows 10 can not Install Net. Framework 3.5 How can I solve this? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo Z5075

I already tried running appwizdotcpl and then checking the box on Windows Features but its looping "Searching for required files" and nothing happens.

I also went to to C Windows SoftwareDistribution Downloads and deleted everything in it.

I also ran this commands that were given by people with the same problem as a Administrator

I restarted it too but nothing has worked so far.

The notebook came without a Windows CD So i cant mount it like other people and use DISM (I  dont even know what it is)

Thanks in advance.

I tried for hours and i still dont want to give up

Im new to this so i apologize if my post is in the wrong forum.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:12 PM

All replies

• Have you tried downloading the standalone installer?

231MB : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150

Marc

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:15 PM
  • Yes every program I try to install gets stopped with a pop up message that Microsoft Net. Framework 3.5 is needed "for this application"

it happens for every applications and when it says that and I agree to install its stuck on loading "Searching for required tools"

when I try to skip over "install the needed application Microsoft Net Framework 3.5" nothing happens and I cant install it too. So it doesnt work either way

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:11 PM
  • No, I meant, have you tried to install the standalone installer OF .NET Framework 3.5?

If you download that from the link above, then close out any running programs including ones in your task tray (many times you can right click them and select exit), then try running that installer to see if it will repair you .NET installation.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Try downloading the installer linked above.

Close out any running programs (including those in the task tray - right click and exit if you can).

Then try running that installer and see if it fixes your Framework installation.

Marc

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:25 PM
  • Hello,

Try enabling .NET 3.5 via this way:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-enable-net-framework-3-5-on-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:57 PM
  • >Yes every program I try to install gets stopped with a pop up message that Microsoft Net. Framework 3.5 is >needed "for this application"

If even programs which don't need .Net Framework result in this message, you have some process running which is interfering. Did you try a safe boot?
    Look in event viewer - Application log, what are the last entries when this message is displayed.
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:29 PM
  • Try downloading the installer linked above.

Close out any running programs (including those in the task tray - right click and exit if you can).

Then try running that installer and see if it fixes your Framework installation.

Marc

I tried but it didnt work. Thank you though.
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:23 PM
  • I dont have a disk image or CD because windows 10 home version 1703 was preinstalled.

Should I just download the ISO from the internet?
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:26 PM