NAP/SCCM integration RRS feed

• Question

• I recently viewed the webcast Jeff Sigman hosted for DHCP/NAP.  During policy setup one of the compliance settings was to identify the WSUS server as the authority for distributing updates.  I've been setting up System Center Configuration Manager,  SCCM,  in a lab environment and see that you can setup a component server as a SHV to handle SoH records from clients.  I'm confused as to how you'd remediate the clients if there isn't a policy from the Longhorn server which tells the client to use an SCCM distribution point setup in the remediation network for updates, but instead there is only a selection for WSUS.  I've been having trouble finding white papers or a chm file from SCCM that covers this type of configuraiton.  Could you please point me to some docs that covers this type of configuration?
    Friday, November 3, 2006 3:37 PM

Answers

• The SCCM documentation covering the installation and configuration of the SCCM NAP specific components covers the details and required settings.  First you must install the SCCM SHV role on the NPS server hosting the centralized NAP services.  Once the SHV has been installed, the NPS server will allow the creation of NAP enforcement policies relating the health check performed by the SCCM SHV/SHA pair.
    Tuesday, November 7, 2006 6:24 PM