"Copy Internet Path" no longer available? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently upgraded to a W7 machine at work and now realize that that ability to copy a file path which references the network drive location and not the mapped network drive letter is no longer available as "Copy Internet Path".  Shift + Right Click gives copy path, but with so many servers unless everyone has the drives mapped the same way this is pretty useless.  Does anybody know if there is another name for this path copy or a hotkey for this?
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested on my side, the Copy as path option could also copy the internet path when you accessing a network drive(expect the root path). Meanwhile, if you want to copy the path or internet path of the folder,  you could copy the path in the address bar directly.

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:43 AM
  • Since the drive is mapped, this still copies "I:\" instead of "\\dataserver01\data\..."

This is a problem since we have global servers and not every person in the company uses the same mapped locations for each server

Monday, October 17, 2011 3:21 AM