none
Dashboard not connecting to server

Question

• Had no problems setting this up but keeping it that way looks like another matter. Logged in today to find that dashboard can no longer connect to the server. The little flag below tells me either my PC or the server is offline, when I know it is not. Can not connect to the http://server/connector either. I've tried removing this PC from the list in the server. I tried uninstalling the connector software, but then I could not reconnect to download it again. I can browse to the server folders via the remote._____.com website no problem. Although I have only had this running a short while, it hasn't backked up any of the clients either. (:-X).

I thought of adding the port number to the web address, but I can't remember what it is.

Please help?

machines rule. might as well get used to it!
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 1:45 AM

All replies

• Here is a link for some services to check on the SBS 2011e Server:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2011/03/27/migration-steps-in-essentials-turning-on-the-beacon.aspx

Sam

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:42 AM
  • In response to all of your recent threads of today: Have you looked through the SBS Essentials Resources thread at the top of this list?

Larry Struckmeyer

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:42 PM
  • I was able to lock in on my home office network to my server using the dashboard login.  We changed the network adaptor on the server and since then I cannot access the server dashboard from another computer on the same network.  I have removed my desktop from the server (through the server dashboard) and reinstalled all the launchpads.  I still cannot connect to the server dashboard.  I can connect to access files etc.  I can even connect with remote desktop and take control of the server, just cannot connect using dashboard.  Any ideas as to how to solve this?

Thanks,

Henk

Saturday, May 14, 2011 6:08 PM