none
Exchange Active Sync using UAG 2010 SP1 Event ID 14 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to find out what these mean. I have a few users, usually with a iPhone, that will get periodically prompted for credentials with their Exchange Active Sync account.

In the application log on the UAG I see quite a few of the following:

LogName: Application

Source: Microsoft Forefront UAG

Event ID: 14

Logged 2/1/2012 6:04:43 AM

Task Category: None

Keywords: Classic

Computer: CACUAG01

I removed the domain and user name to protect the innocent. Can someone explain what causes these?

"User domain\username with source IP address  failed to log into trunk exchangeactivesync (secure=1) using authentication server MSAD with session ID 6E0357C8-7196-4A30-9FD3-613839303E6A. Error code is Invalid Credentials."

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:55 PM

All replies

• Help.. I have the same issue!!  This has been over a year now.  How come this has not been resolved yet!
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:47 AM
  • Same problem here, UAG 2010 with Exchange 2010 SP3. Any solutions?
    Monday, October 7, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Have a very similar issue...

Searched online for clues but none found.

Further investigation and found out this particular user had changed his network password about a week earlier.  Had not checked messages on the mobile device since, but when checked was showing an error.  Had to reset the password on the mobile device and the errors stopped.

the actual error (event id 14) on the UAG Server is listed below.

User xxxx\xxxxx with source IP address  failed to log into trunk brsite (secure=1) using authentication server xxxxx with session ID 55DxxB50-C3FC-4Exx-8732-AFFxxxxEB655. Error code is Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Dave

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:42 PM