none
Timesheet issue / Process Status column (weird behavior) RRS feed

• Question

• Project server 2010 (April 2013 CU)

A client uses SEM for their timesheets.

Line approval is ON.

Sometimes, when a team member uses the 'Create a New Task' functionality (Insert Row)

And sends status 'all tasks' and later on sends timesheet.

Sometimes when you go see the task detail, it is submitted and approved (once for the new task request and for the status update) So everything seems perfect.

But sometimes the process status suddenly comes in an awaiting approval status, which is strange because the timesheet line is correctly approved.

The request for approval is ok, it comes in the correct approval center from the status manager.

The reporting db seems ok, everything seems ok, only the team member thinks his timeline is not yet approved.

Can somebody help me with this or has had the same experience with repopping the process status in a red box while the team member expected to be a white empty box

(waiting approval / not submitted)

Thank You.

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Wim,

I have tried, but I can not reproduce. Perhaps since you only see it "sometimes"?.

Can you please provide some more information, perhaps I am using wrong sequence:

Is status update approved before sending timesheet? Is timesheet manager the resource or someone else? Is "Require line approval before timesheet approval " activated?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:29 AM
  • Thank you for trying to reproduce.

The status updates are all approved before sending the timesheet.

And the timesheet manager is a third person.

The team member(person A), then there is the project manager/status manager (person B) and the timesheet manager(person C).

Yes, "Require line approval before timesheet approval" is activated.

It is al something with the "Process Status" field on my thinking.. this has a weird behavior...

Monday, July 8, 2013 1:51 PM