My audio will not work....HELP? RRS feed

• Question

• SO ive got a gateway laptop and uninstalled windows vista which came with it and installed windows 7. ever since then my audio has gone out. instead of speakers, my volume says its operating sound play back device with a digital high def audio device. ive never used that before...ive tried downloading new drivers, but i either cant find the right ones or just doin something wrong cuz it just will not give me sound. i just want my sound to work, can anyone help me plz?
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:57 PM

Answers

• Sorry i'm replying late. Gateway website didn't list drivers particularly for win7 but click  the link below and try these drivers.

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?ref=step&st=browse&platform=10022&model=11724&os=10405&type=10096

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, October 29, 2010 2:00 AM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to submit a new question in Windows 7 Forum.

Personally, you may install the driver in Compatibility Mode to have a try.

How to run an application with Compatibility Mode:

1.     Right click on the program's shortcut or executable file and select Properties.

2.     Switch to the Compatibility tab.

3.     Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.

4.     Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for and click OK.

Also, as Drtunababa stated that there is no Windows 7 drivers in the Gateway website, you need to contact the manufacturer to obtain the Windows 7 driver for this issue.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:34 AM

All replies

• give the full model of the Gateway laptop
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:10 PM
  • P-6831FX
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:58 PM
  • Sorry i'm replying late. Gateway website didn't list drivers particularly for win7 but click  the link below and try these drivers.

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?ref=step&st=browse&platform=10022&model=11724&os=10405&type=10096

Friday, October 22, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to submit a new question in Windows 7 Forum.

Personally, you may install the driver in Compatibility Mode to have a try.

How to run an application with Compatibility Mode:

1.     Right click on the program's shortcut or executable file and select Properties.

2.     Switch to the Compatibility tab.

3.     Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.

4.     Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for and click OK.

Also, as Drtunababa stated that there is no Windows 7 drivers in the Gateway website, you need to contact the manufacturer to obtain the Windows 7 driver for this issue.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:34 AM