none
MDT Build Share Update - Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Hoping for some guidance here. 

Current Build Share = MDT 2013

Intended Build Share = MDT current release (MDT 2013 Update 2)

My question is perhaps simple for many who have upgraded their MDT 2013 > Update 2. I am familiar with steps of upgrading, though I just want to ensure that updating the deployment share won't cause new image captures to fail. As many, we use VM's to capture images i.e (during build, TS goes into suspend mode, we modify the OS, shut it down, take a snapshot, start up the OS, and continue the TS to capture the image).

Would updating the build share cause any files to change etc. causing the image capture to fail, in case it is looking for some specific version of file / script that MDT looks for? The idea is to upgrade the current Build Share and start doing some testing for WIN10 build & capture.

Comments are much appreciated. Thanks.

Monday, September 19, 2016 5:20 PM

Answers

• The task sequence templates did not change between U1 and U2, but from 2013 to U1 I know that task sequence templates were updated.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Girish Verma Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:37 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:08 PM

All replies

• are you running MDT 2013 or MDT 2013 u1, please verify.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:10 PM
  • Hi Massivesystem,

We are running MDT 2013. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:30 PM
  • The task sequence templates did not change between U1 and U2, but from 2013 to U1 I know that task sequence templates were updated.

• Marked as answer by Girish Verma Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:37 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:08 PM
  • Thank you Massivesystem, sorry for the very late reply. Best best would be to setup another workstation for build deployment share perhaps.

Cheers.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:37 PM