none
Windows 7 Enterprise Edition

Question

• I assigned all user windows 7 professional Power User rights it would not allows the user to make any changes to systems or undated software on the PC, it would always prompt the user to enter and Administrative user name and password. I am not working in an environment that i am trying to deploy that same solution, the only different is that i am using Windows 7 Enterprise edition it does not prompt me enter a user or password, it does nothing.

I would like windows 7 enterprise to perform the same function and windows professional allow the adminstrator and end-user to be prompted when trying to install new or update software.

Please help.

thanks

Sunday, November 01, 2015 7:44 PM

Answers

• >>I assigned all user windows 7 professional Power User rights

I'm not sure how you configured this, if you mean the Power Users group, as far as I know, in Windows Vista and later Windows operating systems, the permissions and rights that are associated with this group have been removed. Members of this group have no more user rights or permissions than a standard user account.

To make Windows prompt you for permission or an administrator password before performing the task, you might need to configure User Account Control (UAC) feature:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-user-account-control#1TC=windows-7

Let me know if this is not your case, then we will take a further look.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, November 02, 2015 6:06 AM