none
Overtime work is read only RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to see how Overtime work actually works.. I want to show overtime work.. can anyone guide me? its read only mode and I am unable to enter overitme horus.

Regards,

Dhaval Faria.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:05 AM

Answers

• Dhaval,

In a nutshell, the overtime work field (as shown in the Task Usage or Resource Usage View) is where you enter the amount of work that will be paid at overtime rates.  Depending on your settings, entering info into this field can have an effect on duration.  With the Project 2007 and the Project 2010, auto-scheduled default settings this is its intended function (reducing duration by adding overtime).

A bit more information would really help.  What version are you working with (2010, 2007)?  Are you working with a stand-alone version or are you connected to Project Server?  What exactly is making you think that the overtime work field is read only?  What is the situation and what are you trying to accomplish?

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:26 AM

All replies

• Dhaval,

In a nutshell, the overtime work field (as shown in the Task Usage or Resource Usage View) is where you enter the amount of work that will be paid at overtime rates.  Depending on your settings, entering info into this field can have an effect on duration.  With the Project 2007 and the Project 2010, auto-scheduled default settings this is its intended function (reducing duration by adding overtime).

A bit more information would really help.  What version are you working with (2010, 2007)?  Are you working with a stand-alone version or are you connected to Project Server?  What exactly is making you think that the overtime work field is read only?  What is the situation and what are you trying to accomplish?

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Hi Dhaval,

Adding on to the excellent solution provided by Gregg, would like you to refer to the link : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/overtime-work-fields-HP001024582.aspx it detail out Overtime process.

Field remain uneditable in few views say Gantt etc, but you can edit in usage views.

Sapna S
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:20 AM