none
Multiple Calendars shown on gantt chart timeline RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

When using a multiple calendars on most views, such as 'Team Plannner', the timeline reflects the non working/working days for the calendar assigned to each line. This does not appear to be the case for the Gantt chart view as i can only seem to be able to pick one overriding calendar for the timeline. Is it possible to use more than one?

E.G

Task 1 - Uses Calendar 1

Task 2 - Uses Calendar 2

I can tell my gantt chart to use either calendar 1 or 2 for the timeline, but not both. This means that when i have saturday working on one calendar, it still shows on the timeline as non working as it has been overridden by the other calendar. At the same time, i do not want to show gantt bars going over non working days all the time as it makes it more difficult to differentiate between working saturdays and non working saturdays.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

HR

Friday, June 19, 2015 1:31 PM

Answers

• HR,

Sorry but your observations are correct, the Team Planner view is unique in that it will show individual calendar non-working days for each resource whereas the Gantt Chart only supports a single calendar for the timescale display.

As far as showing Gantt Bars over non-working days, the only options are those available on the "non-working time" tab of the Timescale window.

John

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:31 PM

All replies

• HR,

Sorry but your observations are correct, the Team Planner view is unique in that it will show individual calendar non-working days for each resource whereas the Gantt Chart only supports a single calendar for the timescale display.

As far as showing Gantt Bars over non-working days, the only options are those available on the "non-working time" tab of the Timescale window.

John

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:31 PM
  • Thanks John,

What a shame! I had assumed it was an oversight on my part, it would be so useful?

Do you know of a way to differentiate between weekends that are and are not being worked in this situation? An example would that in Asta, bars in the gant chart can be set to appear thinner in areas where they are not active. Without this ability, or something similar, It seems to be such an ambiguous way of showing the information?

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:36 PM
  • Harry,

Yeah, I'm a little surprised the Team Planner shows the difference. Since day one Project has always had the limitation of showing only one calendar option for non-working time on the Gantt Chart. Maybe that feature will be enhanced in future versions. I believe Project 2016 is out for review, at least the on line version. I don't know if that adds this feature or not.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, you could make sure the Task Calendar field is shown such that it is a queue for the user that a different calendar applies but I don't know of any way to show a change in the Gantt Bar itself.

Sorry

John

Friday, June 19, 2015 4:44 PM
  • Thanks  for your help John,

Fingers crossed it will be in 2016.

HT

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:58 PM