none
About the Office 365 user license-Azure Rights Management

Question

• Please help me!

I want to know what will happen when I take the user Azure Rights Management license out. And What is the effect of this operation will be for the user. If you help me to answer this question will be of great help to me. Thanks! I have test the result that althougth I take out the user Azure Rights Management license the user can also use the IRM. I want to know why? By the way I have the O365 E5 plan.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:47 AM

All replies

• The user can *consume* IRM protected content, but he should be unable to create new protected content.
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:58 AM
  • Hi Vasil L. Michev

Thank you for your answer very very much!

I want to know how to create new protected content. You mean creat the  protected content in the local Office file?

I have try it the user can also create protected content. If I was wrong please tell me the right way.

Thankyou!!!

FENGMANG

Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Well, he shouldn't be able to do so, in theory :) It might be just another example of the folks at Microsoft not enforcing license requirements for certain functionalities. Why don't you open a ticket and confirm this directly with O365 support?
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:22 AM
  • Hi Vasil L. Michev

Becase I am an O365 support engineer... This question is come from my customer. I couldn't explain this question. And I'll find a lot of information has also been a lot of tests eventually can not explain this problem so I want to ask the question here mybe can give me a satisfactory answer.

>>It might be just another example of the folks at Microsoft not enforcing license requirements for certain >>functionalities.

If so my customer will ask So this place Settings does not make sense? then I will get into trouble.

Thanks!

FengMang.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:45 AM
  • Well, check your internal resources then (VKB, etc), or escalate to the SMEs. Or try Dan Plastina/Carol Bailey directly :)
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:29 PM
  • Thankyou!

I'll try it.

Friday, September 23, 2016 2:28 AM