none
Cannot launch Administration utility in CentOS 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I followed the instructions on how to install Machine Learning Server on Linux. I installed it on CentOS 7.

I have followed the instruction step by step and yet i am unable to launch the Administration utility with the following command

What could the solution be ? 

sudo dotnet Microsoft.MLServer.Utils.AdminUtil/Microsoft.MLServer.Utils.AdminUtil.dll sudo: dotnet: command not found

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:16 PM

All replies

• As a workaround, you can try 'sudo su -' command to be the root first, and then run the dotnet command 'dotnet Microsoft.MLServer.Utils.AdminUtil/Microsoft.MLServer.Utils.AdminUtil.dll'.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:53 PM
  • i tried that as well but didn't work either. 
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:52 PM
  • On centos7 dotnet isn't in the path of the root user by default. Try /usr/bin/dotnet

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/publishing/linuxproduction?tabs=aspnetcore2x 
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:58 PM
  • # cd /opt/microsoft/mlserver/9.2.1/o16n

#dotnet Microsoft.MLServer.Utils.AdminUtil/Microsoft.MLServer.Utils.AdminUtil.dll

It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
    The specified framework 'Microsoft.NETCore.App', version '1.1.0' was not found.
      - Check application dependencies and target a framework version installed at:
          /
      - Alternatively, install the framework version '1.1.0'.

#dotnet --info

.NET Command Line Tools (2.0.3)

Product Information:
     Version:            2.0.3
     Commit SHA-1 hash:  eb1d5ee318

Runtime Environment:
     OS Name:     centos
     OS Version:  7
     OS Platform: Linux
     RID:         centos.7-x64
     Base Path:   /usr/share/dotnet/sdk/2.0.3/

Microsoft .NET Core Shared Framework Host

Version  : 2.0.3
      Build    : a9190d4a75f4a982ae4b4fa8d1a24526566c69df

I am probably one step ahead but do have the same problem with the administration utility in CentOS 7. What I can't find is the appropriate framework version for CentOS. Atm. I am on the newest version of dotnet for CentOS (it seems there is no backward compatibility).

• Edited by GoldSte88 Friday, December 1, 2017 7:42 AM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 7:41 AM