Computers randomly placed in wrong computer groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two OU that client computers placed in them. I've created GPO for each OU in GPMC console and I've done Client-side Targeting settings in GPO. Also, I've created two computer group with same name that I've created in Client-side Targeting. My problem is that when the policy apply on client computers, Computers randomly placed in wrong computer groups. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Amirhossein Karimpour,

Thank you for posting here.
    Please try the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. To use CMD as an administrator, enter the following command:
      > gpresult /h c:\gpo.htmThis will generate a report named gpo.htm under the C: partition. Open gpo.htm and check the Computer Details > Settings > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components /Windows Updates section to see if the "Enable Client-side Targeting" applied is correct.

2. In the WSUS console, select the following location of the WSUS server you are using: Options > Computers, adjust to "Use Group Policy or registry settings on computer".

For reference, this article also has relatively straightforward steps: "How To Configure Client Side Targeting In WSUS". 
    *Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:43 AM