wrong icon displayed on taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• The icon on my taskbar displays a CAT5 connection with an "x" thru it for my internet connection. I use a wireless connection that normally displays a "bar" icon. How do I change the icon?
    Friday, December 25, 2015 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please describe your issue detailed? Do you mean there is a "X" with the icon of Network and Sharing Center in taskbar?

If it does, we would consider there is something wrong with your network. You could perform the steps below to fix it.

1. Go to Network and Sharing Center > click "Change adapter Settings", then disable your Ethernet adapter and enable it.

2. If it doesn't work, please reboot your PC. Download the latest driver version from the manufacturer official website and install it.

After that, check the issue again.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards
    Simon      

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 28, 2015 5:49 AM

All replies

• Have you checked that a wireless connection is set as active in the notification area?

Sunday, December 27, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Your network may have problem. Please download it from manufacturer.

• Edited by _Charles_ Monday, December 28, 2015 5:49 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2015 5:43 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please describe your issue detailed? Do you mean there is a "X" with the icon of Network and Sharing Center in taskbar?

If it does, we would consider there is something wrong with your network. You could perform the steps below to fix it.

1. Go to Network and Sharing Center > click "Change adapter Settings", then disable your Ethernet adapter and enable it.

2. If it doesn't work, please reboot your PC. Download the latest driver version from the manufacturer official website and install it.

After that, check the issue again.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards
    Simon      

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 28, 2015 5:49 AM
  • Hi,
    We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.
    Best Regards,
    Simon

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:38 AM