SharePoint 2007 add from existing columns RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, I am using MOSS07. Out of the box I am using Project Task List and Discussion Board. I would like to add a filed with in discussion board that will allow me to pick existing task list. When i try to add from existing columns none of the columns that are in task list are exist. if possible I would like to to vice versa - in project task i want to add a filed of discussion name. Is there a way to accomplish this?
    Friday, September 9, 2011 5:47 PM

Answers

• You won't be able to see the column directly. If you would like to add such columns first you will have to create them. Go to Site Actions - Site Settings - Site Columns. Create a new site column. Select the type of the column to be "Lookup" in the source list select the task list and the field name that you like to be added in your new discussion list. Once the column is created, you then go to the discussion list  and select "Add from existing columns" and you should be able to see the site column that you created. Once added you can now select the values that are present in the task list. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, Mayur Joshi

Blog: http://splearnings.blogspot.com/

Friday, September 9, 2011 6:01 PM