Control Panel "list" and "detail" view (and sorting)...Why were they removed? RRS feed

• Question

• I think that's a legitimate question and I've spent the better part of 2 hours of my employers time trying to find an answer (and a workaround).  I just prefer things in one long list (without resizing a window to achieve it).  Fortunately I can still get this by customizing the Start menu and making the control panel open as a menu but that's less than ideal...I just want a sortable list and it's apparently never coming back.

Why?

Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is by design, The Items of Contol Panel are sort by ascending. You cannot change it. 

If you find have any inconveniences or suggestions, please submit your feedback to our Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Thanks for understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by thisisfutile1 Friday, August 12, 2011 2:21 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is by design, The Items of Contol Panel are sort by ascending. You cannot change it. 

If you find have any inconveniences or suggestions, please submit your feedback to our Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Thanks for understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by thisisfutile1 Friday, August 12, 2011 2:21 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Thank you for the reply and the link.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 2:21 PM