USB MP3 players not working. ( but Windows Vista Freezes when a Usb drive is plugged in Fixed!) RRS feed

• Question

• Deleted INFCACH.1 and I moved all the newer usb*.inf/  files to C:\Windows\inf

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!

Able to read normal thumbdrives now but still having troubles with my usb mp3 players. Before I was able the drag and drop the MP3 files to it but like a normal thumb drive but tried to sync it with windows media player and it no longer works that way(add all my USB troubles began) and I cant sync it with WMP11. 

Another bad file perhaps?

Sunday, August 29, 2010 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please start your MP3 player, connect to the computer, then start WMP, switch to sync, is the green bar moving and show the progress of sync? Please tell us the symptom.

At this point, please follow the steps to set up your device:

If the Player has automatically selected to sync your device, click Finish. When you do this, the Player will sync your entire Player Library to your device. After that, your device will automatically sync every time you connect it to your computer while Windows Media Player is running.

If the Player has selected to sync your device manually, click Finish. Then, on the Sync tab, select the files and playlists you want to sync manually.

If it does not work, please refer to Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:45 AM