none
SharePoint Online - Onedrive for business - External sharing not working

Question

• SharePoint Online - Onedrive for business - External sharing not working

I have domain like userA@ABC.com

I want to share onedrive folder to external user like userB@XYZ.com

Can I share onedrive document/folder with external domain?

I can share document to external user like userb@gmail.com, userb@hotmail.com etc but NOT to external clients where domains like userb@XYZ.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:06 PM

All replies

• As long as XYZ.com is a valid Internet email address you should be able to share with any external client who has a Microsoft Account established at that email address.  But XYZ.com has to be valid on the Internet to be able to be registered as a Microsoft account.  If that domain is just in their internal AD then you won't be able to share to that address.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:15 PM
  • Hi Paul, thanks for the prompt response!

One of our client facing strange issue. We shared onedrive folder with EDIT permission with client.

Client (xyz.com domain) able to access file but not able to upload files to shared folder. Giving access permission error to upload the file. 

Any suggestion?

• Edited by Biraj Bhalodia Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:04 PM upload file issue
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Hi Biraj,

For this issue, please check if the feature Limited-access user permission lockdown mode is enabled in your My Site. If it is activated, please deactivate it.

Please also use Fiddler to track the requests when uploading files to the folder with the external account.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 8:57 AM