Request timed out when opening Timer Job Definition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I am trying to open the timer job definitions in the SharePoint central administration, it takes too long time (about 5 minutes) after that it gives me “Request timed out”, I don’t know when this happened and how, but I checked out the logs and event viewer and there were nothing useful.

Please advise and if this scenario has happened before.

Thanks in advance,

I want also to mention that i tried to use stsadm -o gl-enumtimerjobdefinitions and it stood ideal and retrieves nothing

• Edited by Feraskhiami Monday, January 2, 2012 12:19 PM
    Monday, January 2, 2012 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

is this only when you open timer jobs definitions or also when you create any site collection or a new web application ?

If this is an issue for whole central admin check timed out settings for central admin site in IIS and also in web.config file.

Please let us know above information.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, January 2, 2012 11:32 AM
  • thanks for your response patrik, but no the timer job definition and timer job status are the only ones that having this problem, that I’ve tried to create a new site collection and it has been created successfully

Monday, January 2, 2012 11:53 AM
  • thank you for the inputs, could you please confirm the timed out set in web.config file of central admin and if possible try to increase the time out please refer - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/is/sharepointadmin/thread/f06607a0-948d-412a-b2a3-2ed4852271ed
    Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, January 2, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

The timer job definitions are retrieved from config databases.

So I would suggest you to check if there is any issue in connecting to the configuration database or not.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, January 2, 2012 7:42 PM
  • thanks patric, I've updated the time out to be 60 min, yah the page won't be timed out, but still no results in return, I think that the problem is not because of the timed out, i think that there is something preventing the timer job result from showing up, thanks for your support again,

Monday, January 2, 2012 9:48 PM
  • I think it is not related to the configuration database since i've just run the configuration wizard and it worked properly.

thanks

Monday, January 2, 2012 9:52 PM
  • Hi Feraskhiami,

Did you mean that you could not open the timer job definitions page ServiceJobDefinitions.aspx with "Request time out" and there is nothing error in logs ?

Did this happen to all other PCs' IE browser ?

You can clear the IE browser cache and recycle IIS, and check again (re-start the server if needed).

You can also check whether it is related with Automatic configuration and Proxy via IE Internet options->Connections->LAN settings.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:49 AM