none
Mail flow forwarding rule - NDR 554 5.7.1 Access Denied

Question

• Hi Guys,

I have to forward emails sent to a shared mailbox called access.card@mydomain.com to an external email address mycompany@thirdparty.com.

I have created a mail flow rule to forward all emails sent to that address to the external address I need. Cool. This is fine.

The problem now is that I'm getting NDR 554 5.7.1 Access Denied when sending emails to access.card.

Do you guys know how to help me?

Thanks,

Thiago Di Giorgio Senior

IT Infrastructure Analyst

thiago.gio@hotmail.com |Skype: thiago.giorgio | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/tgiorgio

Monday, May 29, 2017 10:25 AM

All replies

• Can you please elaborate the mail flow rule?

It should be done by creating a server side rule on user mailbox which should says any email receied by access.card@mydomain.com to external address (you can setup a mail contact in exchange point to external contact) and try after that?

Thanks

Yogesh

Monday, May 29, 2017 11:17 AM
  • Hello,

To fix your issue, I want to confirm:
    1. Does this issue occur on internal user send a message to access.card, or others as well?
    2. Is this issue only arise after configure e-mail forwarding?
    3. Is it a contact with "mycompany@thirdparty.com", and also use inbox rule or transport rule to configure e-mail forwarding?

If it arise after e-mail forwarding setup, please double check the e-mail forwarding settings (rule settings).

By the way, we can use ForwardingSMTPAddress or ForwardingAddress with Set-Mailbox to configure e-mail forwarding.
    More details, for your reference:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/timmcmic/2015/06/08/exchange-and-office-365-mail-forwarding-2/

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:55 AM