none
windows shared printer printing failures, stuck in 'printing' status in control panel

Question

• Once in a while a user will login and create their windows shared printer, but they won't be able to print.  In the printer control panel, the status stays at 'printing'.  Here's some error messages from the PrintService Admin and Operational logs.

The document Print Document, owned by user001, failed to print on printer {FF3C7606-5412-4924-87B6-FAEC3ECBDDA7}. Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler. 
    Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 2985980. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 2. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\COMP001. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 2. The system cannot find the file specified.

The print job 30 was sent through the print processor winprint on printer \\CSR|myserver.com\{FF3C7606-5412-4924-87B6-FAEC3ECBDDA7}, driver Kyocera FS-9530DN KX, in the isolation mode 1 (0 - loaded in the spooler, 1 - loaded in shared sandbox, 2 - loaded in isolated sandbox). Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 0xBCC.

• Edited by JS2010 Monday, July 2, 2018 8:49 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2018 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a article for you.

Fix printer problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17420/windows-printer-problems#fix-printer-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

If it's just one user having an issue, it's probably something in their document causing the problem.

You could try a driver update on that client  to see if that works.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:00 AM
  • Error 0xbcc is print job restart

C:\>winerror 0xbcc
      3020 ERROR_PRINT_JOB_RESTART_REQUIRED

No clue why but that was that last error.

Error 2 is file not found, you get that in the event.

It sounds like Client Side Rendering is kicking in, which is fine, but the data type cannot be EMF format for this to succeed.

I assume you located the  \\CSR|myserver.com\{FF3C7606-5412-4924-87B6-FAEC3ECBDDA7} printer in the registry.

If the user deletes the connection to the share, does this registry data get properly removed?

I'm not sure what's happening on this.  I've seen the \\CSR printers pop up from time to time but not certain how these get created. 

I expect to see printer names like {FF3C7606-5412-4924-87B6-FAEC3ECBDDA7} under this registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\Client Side Rendering Print Provider\Servers\PRINTSERVERNAME\Printers 

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 5:02 AM
    Answerer
  • This is from the PrintService Debug log:

Opening CSR printer \\myserver\myprinter failed, error code 0x80070005. See the event user data for context information.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:46 PM