KB958559 fails to install in Windows 7 Professional - new RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Thayu,

Reference thread:KB958559 fails to configure in Windows 7 Professional (users serloren,demus01 and Mykliv) started 19th of december 2009.

Lang overdue, I now created a new thread describing my problem I have installing Windows XP mode, per your request. Unfortunately I still have a problem.

I have Windows 7 enterprise installed on my Lenovo T400 laptop and while installing the virtual pc software KB958559, the installation rolls back after the reboot. I installed the XP mode first as described in the XP mode installation instructions.

In the eventvwr I have the following entries

Windows update "Update for Windows (KB958559)" was successfully installed. (Command line: ""C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "C:\bulk\Software\free\Microsoft\Windows 7\Windows mode\Windows6.1-KB958559-x86.msu"        ")

And after reboot...

Package KB958559 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x80070005.

I've sent the cbs.log also as requested.

I hope you find something. I need to use the VM player now as a workaround to work with the vm's

Thank's for your support.

Kind greetings,

Frank

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:50 PM

Answers

• Problem solved. Uninstalled Mcafee and reinstalled virtual pc without any problems. (Thank's to Danny Borgeo)

Maybe Microsoft should investigate this. The vmware virtual desktop software worked as a charm with mcafee installed.

Thank's

Kind greetings,

Frank.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:14 AM