I can't use my headset (Plus I accidentally uninstalled a driver which is the one that affects the microphone) RRS feed

• Question

• I keep trying to make my headset work on my laptop, but I just can't. I connected my headset but the menu which shows every time I connect earphones or headset doesn't appear. I tried troubleshooting and such but nothing seems to be wrong. And how do I reinstall a driver?
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Alyzza,

In addition to go to the manufacturer website to download the driver, you could use Windows Troubleshooter to fix the issue.

If you reinstall the driver and the issue persists, please go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Troubleshoot audio playback".

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 28, 2015 2:47 AM

All replies

• You need to go to the website of the manufacturer of your laptop.  All the downloads for your laptop are hosted on the manufacturer's website and most of the manufacturers have Support forums for situations like yours.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, December 27, 2015 6:05 PM
  • Hi Alyzza,

In addition to go to the manufacturer website to download the driver, you could use Windows Troubleshooter to fix the issue.

If you reinstall the driver and the issue persists, please go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Troubleshoot audio playback".

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 28, 2015 2:47 AM
  • Hi,
    We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.
    Best Regards,
    Simon

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:33 AM