none
Windows 10 on DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an assumed answer, but I will ask anyway.

Has anyone heard anything about Windows 10 clients and DPM 2010?

I know DPM2012R2 added support in August '15 with Update Rollup 7.  DPM 2010 was under mainstream support still at this time, but I find nothing for DPM2010.  So my assumption is simply that it is not supported, but figured I would ask in case I have missed something.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:03 PM

Answers

• In searching for this further, I was able to get the DPM Client to work on Windows 10 systems, though I cannot say it is supported.    I would link the forum article, but I cannot as I am not verified.

I found an forum post titled, "Client backup failing with error: change tracking information is corrupt" which was dealing with DPM2010 and Windows 8 clients, but the issue was very similar to mine (Though Win10).  This post is in the "System Center Data Protection Manager  > Data Protection Manager - Laptop Protection" for anyone who wanted to track it down...

Essentially, the MS Rep first stated Win8 was not supported, then a month later said to try:

Net stop dpmra
    Fltmc unload dpmfilter
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent\2.0" /v ForceFixup /t REG_DWORD /d 1

My two Win10 clients have been working normally since doing this, though the dpmfilter was not loaded and did not require being unloaded.

• Marked as answer by D.E. Martin Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:19 PM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:19 PM

All replies

• In searching for this further, I was able to get the DPM Client to work on Windows 10 systems, though I cannot say it is supported.    I would link the forum article, but I cannot as I am not verified.

I found an forum post titled, "Client backup failing with error: change tracking information is corrupt" which was dealing with DPM2010 and Windows 8 clients, but the issue was very similar to mine (Though Win10).  This post is in the "System Center Data Protection Manager  > Data Protection Manager - Laptop Protection" for anyone who wanted to track it down...

Essentially, the MS Rep first stated Win8 was not supported, then a month later said to try:

Net stop dpmra
    Fltmc unload dpmfilter
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent\2.0" /v ForceFixup /t REG_DWORD /d 1

My two Win10 clients have been working normally since doing this, though the dpmfilter was not loaded and did not require being unloaded.

• Marked as answer by D.E. Martin Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:19 PM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:19 PM
  • Hello, I used this method with success to do the protection of a PC with W10 from a DPM2010 server (WS2008R2).

BUT ! A new problem after the installation of the last update of Windows 10 on the PC => The link between DPM 2010 Server and the PC is destroy !!! The Agents on the DPM 2010 server do not recognized the PC with Windows 10. I tried to remove the Agent in DPM 2010 without success. I always have the same error :

"Version of protection Agent:      3.0.7706.0

Error :   ID error Data Protection Manager : 308

The protection agent operation failed because DPM could not communicate with the protection Agent service on “name of the PC" in the same domain”.

Detailed error code: the service has not responded quickly enough to demand launch or control 0x8007041D

Recommended action: If you install a protection agent on “name of the PC”, it may be that the computer is rebooting. Wait a few minutes after you restart the computer before the agent is available. If the problem persists, follow these steps:

(1) check that "name of the PC" is accessed remotely from the DPM server.

2) If a firewall is enabled on "name of the PC", check that it is not blocking requests from the DPM server.

3)  If "name of the PC" is a workgroup server, the DPM user accounts password may have changed or expired. To resolve this error, run SetDpmServer with flag - UpdatePassword on the computer protected and Update - NonDomainServerInfo.ps1 on the DPM server.

4) Restart the DPM protection Agent service on "name of the PC". If the service does not start, uninstall the agent of protection by using Add/Remove programs in Control Panel on "name of the PC". Then, tab Agents in the area of Administration tasks, in the action pane, click install to reinstall the protection agent on "name of the PC"."

No problem of network or name of the machine. No problem of firewall

I tried to remove and reinstall the "Microsoft System Center DPM protection agent" on the PC but even if the installation was made successfully, the resolve not the problem of recognition of the PC from the DPM Server.

Each time I try to launch the "Data Protection Manager Client" directly on the PC, it fails with an error "impossible to connect to the DPM server : The service don't not answer quickly enough to demand launch or control 0x8007041D" ... so the same error provide by the server during the connection !

Who can help me please ? Many thanks for your support !

Jean-Louis

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Nobody to help me ?
    Monday, February 13, 2017 8:58 AM