User Account Control is blockig me from my own computer. How do I kill it? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't do anything on my own computer and need access quickly how do I take back control?

Monday, March 5, 2018 1:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you log-on/sign-in using an account with administrator privilege?
    If you sign-in as a standard user (instead of administrator), you can not use some features which require administrator privilege.  Please do sign-in/log-on as administrator.

Regards,

Ashidacchi >> http://hokusosha.com/

Monday, March 5, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Hi, 

At this point, I recommend we boot into WinRE and enable the build-in administrator account, then change the password for your local account.

Boot from Windows 10 installation media and then choose Repair your computer link. In WinRE, under Troubleshoot\ Advance options, choose Command prompt.

1. Now run “regedit” from the command prompt.

2. Click on HKEY_USERS and then click on File > Load Hive

Load Hive...

3. Navigate to D:\Windows\System32\Config folder and select the SAM file then click Open

4. Now type “SAM_TEMP” (or any value) in the Key Name text field and click OK

Load Hive Name

5. Expand SAM_TEMP\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4 and double click on the “F” key.

Local Administrator Account SAM registry

6. Change the value “11” in the first column, row 0038 to “10” and click OK

Before After
    Account Disabled Account Enabled

7. Click back on “SAM_TEMP” and then from the File > Unload Hive and Yes to confirm.

Unload Hive...

8. Exit Regedit and close the Command Prompt and click Continue to exit Windows 10, you will see Administrator on Logon screen.

The default password could be empty if you haven't set before in Windows 10, otherwise, you should know the password of it.

The, we can add your current account into Administrator group.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:19 AM