Office 365 - GPOs shared Computer Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello forum members,

one of my costumers want to distribute Office 365 via GPOs shared computer activation. But only on clients who, according to SCCM, have regularly logged on more than one person.
    Can this realized via SCCM push the affected PCs into an AD group using an automated task?

Or how you realise this in your environment?

Regards,

DP

Monday, March 16, 2020 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We can create AD security group based collection using dynamic and direct member query rules.
    You need to enable Active Directory (AD) group discovery to create AD group based SCCM collection. If you have not enabled AD group discovery in your SCCM environment, you won’t be able to create SCCM collections based on AD security groups.
    Anoop has written a great blog about this, and I think it will be helpful to you:
    Create AD Group Based SCCM Collection

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 3:38 PM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the above reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:49 AM
  • Hello Larry,

thanks for reply, but you missunderstand my question:

"Can this realized via SCCM push the affected PCs into an AD group using an automated task?"

The question is not "how can I create AD Group based SCCM Collection"

ThanksDaniel

Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:13 PM
  • Can you do it all with CM?  If you have the data in CM that lets you know if several uses are logging into a machine, you might be able to use a Baseline to set the Config to Shared PC for Office 365
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployOffice/overview-shared-computer-activation
    It looks like you'd just need to change some registry keys on the machine to change the license mode, or re-run setup with a simple XML to change it.  Shouldn't be hard to test anyway.

Disclaimer, I have not tried this myself, but I've done similar methods to change other aspects of Office 365 post deployment.
    Monday, May 11, 2020 8:49 PM