none
Error Saving a Site as Template RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

    I am trying to create a Project Site Template for my Enterprise project type in Project server 2013/ SharePoint 2013 (uses SQL Server 2012 SP1)

    But when I try to save the newly created site as a Template, I get the error as :

                "Sorry, something went wrong. an unexpected error has occurred"

    I checked the ULS logs, It says as 

     "MDSLog: An error page was detected by MDS: Context Page MP (currentMPToken) =            ['|PROJECTMANAGEMENTPROJECTWEBAPP|PROJECTPAGETEMPLATE:|_LAYOUTS|15|ERRORV15.MASTER:0.15.0.0.0.15.0.4569.1000.0.FALSE.:en-US:en-US:RW'], MP supplied by page in URL (originalMPToken) = ['|PROJECTMANAGEMENTPROJECTWEBAPP|PROJECTPAGETEMPLATE:|PROJECTMANAGEMENTPROJECTWEBAPP|PROJECTPAGETEMPLATE|_CATALOGS|MASTERPAGE|SEATTLE.MASTER:2.15.0.0.0.15.0.4569.1000.0.FALSE.:en-US:en-US:RW'], Current Request URL = ['http://devsp/ProjectManagementProjectWebApp/ProjectPageTemplate/_layouts/15/error.aspx?ErrorText=An unexpected error has occurred.&ErrorCorrelationId=2ac2ee9c-6a90-403f-0844-cf6ffd006100&AjaxDelta=1']"

    I tried the same using the Powershell cmdlet and Sharepoint designer as well, but I get the same issue. I tried creating it with a different name, still same issue. 

    I can see that the Template is getting added in the solution gallery.

    I did search in google for every other option, but did not get any kind of solution.

    Please help me, if anybody knows a proper solution to this.

    thanks,

    shanky

    Monday, March 2, 2015 10:35 AM

Answers

  • That was my point! Modifying the default columns from the risk and issue list often causes this issue. Create a new Template keeping as is the default column and create new columns (remove or rename).

    Please tell us if it works.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    • Marked as answer by shankyshan Monday, March 2, 2015 11:52 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 11:12 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi Shanky,

    What did you change in your template? Did you customized the risk and issue default lists?


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Monday, March 2, 2015 10:41 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Guillaume Rouyre,

    Yes, first time I added certain predefined tasks to the 'Tasks' List and checked the 'Include Content' checkbox.

    But then later, whenever I try creating new sites without editing anything, I get the error.

    Thanks,

    shanky

    Monday, March 2, 2015 10:48 AM
  • One more thing I remember now is, long back I had modified the List content type and its default columns(renamed them, added new columns, deleted existing columns) and had made it apply to all the lists. Can it be the issue ?

    If so, how can I revert back to default settings of the Lists ?

    Monday, March 2, 2015 11:02 AM
  • That was my point! Modifying the default columns from the risk and issue list often causes this issue. Create a new Template keeping as is the default column and create new columns (remove or rename).

    Please tell us if it works.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    • Marked as answer by shankyshan Monday, March 2, 2015 11:52 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 11:12 AM
    Moderator
  • Hello Guillaume Rouyre,,

    That was cool. I just reverted to defaults as you said and then tried, it worked as a charm

    Thanks a tonne on this help. 

    Regards,

    shanky

    Monday, March 2, 2015 11:52 AM
  • You're more than welcome!


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

    Monday, March 2, 2015 12:16 PM
    Moderator